Nigel Ryan - Mindful Moves
Name: Nigel Ryan
Company Name: Mindful Moves - Taiji & Nordic Walking
I am a Tai Chi Senior Instructor (Tai Chi Union GB registered) and Nordic Walking Instructor (Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking).
I passionately believe that all exercise is most beneficial to a long and healthy life when it incorporates both physical and mindful aspects. Nordic Walking can leave us feeling that we have exercised not only the joints and muscles in our body, but also our mind. When we enjoy a mindful walk (gentle or brisk), we enhance our sense of connection with the environment, our ability to balance and move our body through fine muscle control, and we feel ‘part of’ nature, rather than walking ‘in’ nature.
What’s on offer? :
Sessions in East Devon based around Sidmouth/Ottery St Mary/Honiton
- Introductory 90 minute beginners workshop – max 6 people.
- Course of six weekly 1 hour training sessions to cover the full INWA ten step training program.
- Easy/Sensory group walks for those that have completed either of the above and prefer a gentle sociable walk with plenty of opportunity to stop and enjoy the natural environment. Typically 1 hour.
- Moderate group walks for those that wish to walk for longer and slightly quicker, while taking their Nordic Walking skills to a higher level. Typically 1.5 - 2 hours.
- Challenging group walks for those that have achieved an appropriate level of Nordic Walking skill and are physically able to cope with more demanding terrain. Typically 1.5+ hours.
- One-to-One sessions to work on your specific requirements.
Telephone: 07966 069956