Healthy Steps by Julia Mitchell
Hello my name is Julia Mitchell and together with my husband Ken, we offer Nordic walking sessions in Warwickshire.
I am passionate about health & wellbeing. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 20 years ago so keeping active is vital for my wellbeing. I aim to inspire others to improve their wellbeing while enjoying the outdoors too. I am fitter, stronger and in less pain in my 50’s than I was in my 30’s!
Ken and I have both enjoyed walking with trekking poles for years but only tried Nordic walking a couple of years ago. We immediately loved the feeling of a whole body workout without the impact of running.
We love being outdoors and research has shown that ‘green and blue’ spaces can have a huge impact on both our mental as well as physical wellbeing.
Exercising should be fun as well as beneficial and Nordic walking certainly offers that. Most of all it can be easily incorporated into your daily routine.
What’s on offer?
All sessions include warm up movements, Nordic walking followed by cool down stretches. A full body workout that can be as hard or as easy as you choose to make it
- Taster sessions – poles provided
- Beginners Course (6 weeks covering the INWA 10 steps method)
- 1-2-1 and 1-2-2 sessions available
- Corporate sessions (lunchtime activity – a great way to take time out)
- Tailored groups as apart of a team building or wellbeing days
- All sessions are strictly adhering to current Government guidelines and tailored to suit the needs of the participants
- All sessions currently take place on local green spaces in Warwickshire
- Once the core skills are mastered longer walks further afield will be added.
- My aim is to help you incorporate Nordic walking in to your own routine.
- Booking is essential as spaces are limited.
Tel: 07548 251234