Nordic Walking for Parkinson's and Related Conditions - CPD Course
Nordic Walking can have many benefits for people living with Parkinson’s but symptoms of the condition mean that it is not appropriate to teach the full INWA 10-Step Method. In order to successfully teach Nordic Walking to people living with Parkinson’s you need to understand what modifications are appropriate to take a person-centred approach.
This course will give you an understanding of:
- Different types Parkinson’s and related conditions.
- The symptoms and how they can affect the individual.
- The role of physical activity in managing symptoms.
- How Nordic Walking can have a beneficial impact on symptoms such as changes in gait pattern.
- How to test the individual’s capability in order to measure improvement.
- How to teach the modifications to the full INWA 10-Step Method.
At the end of this course you will be confident in teaching Nordic Walking to people living with Parkinson’s and related conditions.
You will also qualify to have a directory entry on a new website that is being developed specifically for Nordic Walking and Parkinson’s. We will notify you about how to do this.
This course will count towards your British Nordic Walking CPD activity for the year.
About the tutor
Next course date to be confirmed
Please contact the office to register interest
phone: 01332 504949 email: firstname.lastname@example.org