London Venue Information
Here is some information about our 2 day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor course at Button House in Hackbridge. Both days of the Course will begin at 9am and finish at 5pm with a break for lunch and breaks throughout the day. You are welcome to arrive a little before this if you would like to settle into the venue, as John Horton (National Trainer) will be setting up from 8.45am.
Finding the venue:
6 Spinning Wheel Way,
SM6 7GD Wallington
Here is a link to website.
Button House is in the London Borough of Sutton, just nine miles south of Charing Cross Station, situated opposite Hackbridge railway station.
The area is extremely well-served with transport links including approximately half hour journeys to London Victoria (by train) and Gatwick Airport (by car).
It is very close to a large park but also has small public park opposite
There is parking available in the car park at Button house.
In the unlikely event of the car park at Button House being full there is parking at Hackbridge railway station (65 spaces). The daily cost for weekdays is £7:10
Prebooking is available https://www.apcoa.co.uk/parking-in/wallington/hackbridge-station/
Some suggestions for local accommodation
Dules Head Hotel
6 Manor Rd, Wallington SM6 0AA https://www.dukesheadsurrey.co.uk/rooms/
The Greyhound hotel
2 High St, Carshalton SM5 3PE https://www.thegreyhoundhotel.com/hotel-bedrooms/
Premier Inn London Sutton
St Nicholas Way, Sutton SM1 1AT https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/greater-london/london/london-sutton.html
IBIS London Sutton Point
8 Sutton Plaza, Sutton Court Rd, London SM1 4FS https://all.accor.com/lien_externe.svlt?goto=fiche_hotel&code_hotel=B5J1&merchantid=seo-maps-GB-B5J1&sourceid=aw-cen&utm_medium=seo+maps&utm_source=google+Maps&utm_campaign=seo+maps&y_source=1_MjA4NDc3ODgtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLndlYnNpdGU%3D
What to bring:
- Training materials will be provided on the course including the INWA manual.
- Please wear appropriate outdoor clothing and footwear, trainers or walking shoes are preferable to walking boots. Please bring a pair of indoor shoes as well in order to keep the classroom from getting too muddy/dirty.
- We will spend prolonged periods each day outdoors, regardless of the weather, so please make sure you bring full waterproofs/sun cream/sun hat etc.
- It is good idea to have water and a snack available whilst working outdoors, although try not to overload yourself.
- Please ensure you have a pad and pen to make notes.
- If you require poles, please let the office know. Feel free to bring your own (although it is nice to try others out!)
Your National Trainer is John Horton. John has been Nordic Walking for around 8 years and became a National Trainer in 2019. He is also a freelance paramedic (ask him about covering the World Cup in Qatar!) and examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the office.