YMCA | REPs courses
British Nordic Walking delivers the original INWA education programme for people wanting to become a qualified Nordic Walking Instructor. This 10 Step Method TM is a proven and effective way to teach people to Nordic Walk and to continue to progress and improve their technique and fitness.
In conjunction with YMCA we now offer a REPs level 2 qualification that combines the INWA Nordic Walking Instructor course with the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking. Together this offers non-fitness professionals the opportunity to train as a Nordic Walking Instructor and gain a fitness qualification at the same time. Existing fitness professionals can also choose this route and gain an additional qualification and 20 CPD points with REPs.
The course comprises the following:
- Attendance of the 2 day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Course at one of our many training centres
- Completion of four YMCA e-learning modules in:
- anatomy and physiology
- health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- principles of exercise, fitness and health
- how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- One day assessment, which includes a revision module to help prepare for the written and practical assessments later in the day. Please note the assessment day may be in a different location to the INWA 2 day course and you will be required to bring a Nordic Walking friend or this can be organised for you with a small additional charge.
This YMCA qualification is a regulated qualification and on the QCF (Qualification and Credit framework) subject to the regulatory requirements set by Ofqual the UK regulator. Further information can be found on the YMCA website www.ymcaawards.co.uk
*includes full colour manual, e-learning packages, attendance of the 2 day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Course, assessment, certification, first year annual instructor membership
|11 & 12 May 2019 (Sat/Sun)||Guildford||BOOK NOW|
|13 & 14 June 2019 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|29 & 30 June 2019 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire||BOOK NOW|
|4 & 5 July 2019 (Thu/Fri)||Cardiff||BOOK NOW|
|17 & 18 August 2019 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire||BOOK NOW|
|19 & 20 September 2019 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|12 & 13 October 2019 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire||BOOK NOW|
|21 & 22 November 2019 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|23 & 24 November 2019 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire||BOOK NOW|
|18 & 19 January 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire||BOOK NOW|
If you have any questions these course please call one of our course tutors for a chat on 0115 848 3801