YMCA Awards Level 2 Course
If you would like to add a fitness qualification to your INWA Nordic Walking Instructor qualification this is the course for you. It will allow you to add more fitness activities to your portfolio alongside your Nordic Walking teaching.
The course includes full tuition on the INWA 10 Step Method and the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Walking.
This combination offers non-fitness professionals the opportunity to train as a Nordic Walking Instructor and gain a fitness qualification at the same time.
The course comprises:
- Attendance at the two-day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Course at one of our UK training centres.
- Completion of four YMCA e-learning modules, which you should study at home (before or after our INWA course), in:
- Anatomy and physiology.
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment.
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health.
- How to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity.
- One day assessment which includes a theory exam and an observed 30-minute class of six people. Please note the assessment day may be in a different location to the INWA two-day course and you will be required to bring a Nordic Walking friend or this can be organised for you with a small additional charge.
This YMCA qualification is a regulated qualification and on the QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) subject to the regulatory requirements set by Ofqual the UK regulator. Further information can be found on the YMCA website www.ymcaawards.co.uk
What do you need to do before joining the course?
We highly recommend that you have experienced Nordic Walking before coming on the course. Find a local instructor on the Learn to Nordic Walk section of this site – all our instructors are listed here.
*includes full colour INWA manual, e-learning packages, attendance at the two-day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Course, INWA and YMCA assessment, certification, your first year’s annual instructor membership of both British Nordic Walking and INWA.
Any questions? Call us on 0115 848 3801. We’d love to hear from you.
|6 & 7 February 2020 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|13 & 14 February 2020 (Thu/Fri)||Cardiff||BOOK NOW|
|7 & 8 March 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Rossendale, Lancs||BOOK NOW|
|21 & 22 March 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Guildford||BOOK NOW|
|2 & 3 April 2020 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|16 & 17 May 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|11 & 12 June 2020 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|27 & 28 June 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|3 & 4 July 2020 (Fri/Sat)||Cardiff||BOOK NOW|
|6 & 7 August 2020 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|5 & 6 September 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|17 &18 September (Thu/Fri)||Cardiff||BOOK NOW|
|3 & 4 October 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|15 & 16 October 2020 (Thur/Fri)||Cardiff||BOOK NOW|
|22 & 23 October 2020 (Thu/Fri)||Nottingham||BOOK NOW|
|31 Oct & 1 Nov 2020 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|26 & 27 November (Thu/Fri)||Cardiff||BOOK NOW|
If you have any questions these course please the office on 0115 848 3801.