YMCA Awards Level 2 Course
If you would like to add a fitness qualification to your INWA Nordic Walking Instructor qualification this is the course for you. It will allow you to add more fitness activities to your portfolio alongside your Nordic Walking teaching.
The course includes full tuition on the INWA 10 Step Method and the YMCA Level 2 Certificate in Group Exercise: Fitness Walking.
This combination offers non-fitness professionals the opportunity to train as a Nordic Walking Instructor and gain a fitness qualification at the same time.
The course comprises:
- Attendance at the two-day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Course at one of our UK training centres.
- Completion of four YMCA e-learning modules, which you should study at home (before or after our INWA course), in:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and fitness instructors.
- Providing a positive customer experience in the exercise environment.
- Lifestyle management and health awareness.
- Principles of planning and delivering group exercise.
- One day assessment which includes a theory exam and an observed 30-minute class of six people. Please note the assessment day may be in a different location to the INWA two-day course and you will be required to bring a Nordic Walking friend or this can be organised for you with a small additional charge.
This YMCA qualification is a regulated qualification and on the QCF (Qualification and Credit Framework) subject to the regulatory requirements set by Ofqual the UK regulator. Further information can be found on the YMCA website www.ymcaawards.co.uk.
Anyone who registered on this revised course will qualify to join CIMSPA as a chartered member.
What do you need to do before joining the course?
We highly recommend that you have experienced Nordic Walking before coming on the course. Find a local instructor on the Learn to Nordic Walk section of this site – all our instructors are listed here.
*includes full colour INWA manual, e-learning packages, attendance at the two-day INWA Nordic Walking Instructor Course, INWA and YMCA assessment, certification, your first year’s annual instructor membership of both British Nordic Walking and INWA.
Any questions? Call us on 0115 848 3801. We’d love to hear from you.
We are now starting to run some instructor courses, subject to Covid restrictions. Please contact our office on 0115 848 3801 or use our contact form if you have any queries.
Please be advised that the maximum number of attendees we allow on any of our instructor courses is 10 although this may be reduced to allow social distancing regulations to be adhered to.
|6th & 7th May 2021 (Thu/Fri)||Ilkeston, Derbyshire||BOOK NOW|
|8th & 9th May 2021 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|22nd & 23rd May 2021 (Sat/Sun)||Rossendale, Lancashire||BOOK NOW|
|11th &12th June 2021(Fri/Sat)||Llantwit Major, near Cardiff CF61||BOOK NOW|
|19th & 20th June 2021 (Sat/Sun)||Rossendale, Lancashire||BOOK NOW|
|1st & 2nd July 2021 (Thu/Fri)||Ilkeston, Derbyshire||BOOK NOW|
|23rd & 24th July 2021(Fri/Sat)||Llantwit Major, near Cardiff CF61||BOOK NOW|
|7th & 8th August 2021 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|17th & 18th Sept 2021 (Fri/Sat)||Llantwit Major, near Cardiff CF61||BOOK NOW|
|2nd & 3rd October 2021 (Sat/Sun)||Wiltshire (nr Chippenham)||BOOK NOW|
|14th & 15th Oct 2021 (Thu/Fri)||Ilkeston, Derbyshire||BOOK NOW|
|12th & 13th November 2021 (Fri/Sat)||Llantwit Major, near Cardiff CF61||BOOK NOW|
If you have any questions these course please the office on 0115 848 3801.